Posted: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 @ 08:06
Sometimes one may be forgiven for feeling the world is against us. Although there are undoubtably some things that are threatening or otherwise unwelcome, there are also lots of things that are positive at the moment and some apparent clouds may even have silver linings for the coming months...
1) The sun is shining and its warm, which always puts a brighter spin on things and helps the greenhouse produce to flourish.
2) We did well in the football, even if we didn’t quite bring it home. That in itself was an achievement for a team, and also a huge credit for their manager. The latter displayed a dignified and professional approach which seems to have paid surprising dividends.
3) The Queen presided over the centenary of the Royal Air Force, which showed the UK at its very best – organised, dignified and still with a quiet power.
4) The young lads were rescued, against all the odds, from the cave in Thailand. It was a superb team effort that crossed national and organisational lines, showing what working together can achieve.
5) It’s the summer holidays, providing an opportunity for families to spend time together in what is proving to be the best summer since 1976.
One thing that has concerned many of us greatly is the progress on Brexit.
However, if we choose to look at it from a different angle, the recent events with resignations, arguments and the like may actually turn out to be positive news. It seems to have set the stall for a softer Brexit, which is more palatable to the EU and avoids some of the highly contentious elements. After all, the referendum vote was 52% leave 48% remain – a good argument to have a Brexit on the softer end of the scale.
Once the furore has settled down and the negotiation with the EU progresses, hopefully business will have more of the clarity which it has been asking for, and needs. Plans which have been put on hold or scaled back can be dusted down, and growth can accelerate.
One certainty is that dwelling on the dark side
will not help us prosper. So let’s enjoy the summer holiday; it’s 30 degrees in the UK after all, so it seems anything could happen!
FIND OUT WHAT MAKES RIVERS LEASING DIFFERENT IN THE WORLD OF ASSET FINANCE